Web scraper selector UI not displaying/working?!?

Chrome: Version 74.0.3729.108
WebScraper: 0.4.1
OS: Mac OS 10.14.3

Hi everyone. Kudos to the devs behind webscraper.io I've been using this amazing tool for quite a while.

Not sure if it's an actual bug but...
I started recently to have issues with some websites. I was trying to scrape www.schwab.com for example when I noticed the selector UI was not showing up. I could not select a specific DOM element without UI, or eventually see the Element or Data preview. Same thing happens now on google.com too. (i.e it seems I'm not able to scrape google results)

Does anyone know why? Anything changed recently?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:
The UI bug seems to affect just the latest Chrome Version 74.0.3729.108 can anyone confirm?

Hi!

I just tested element selection on Chrome version 74 in the schwab.com site. Everything was working as expected. Is the problem in the entire site or only within some parts of the site?

You could also check whether other extensions aren't affecting the element selector. You can either disable all of the other extensions or create a new person profile (manage people) within chrome and install Web Scraper there.

If an extension is affecting the element selector then please try to find out which one is it and let us know.

I tested the website schwab.com and google.com in incognito mode with no extensions enabled and I still can't see the UI.

The problem affects the entire website, I literally can't se the DOM element selector that pops up after I hit "Selector > Select" button.

I was able to scrape the websites above mentioned using the Firefox extension though. Not sure why the latest Chrome version is not working on my Mac.

Having the same issues on both Mac and Windows with the latest version of both the extension and Chrome. I click "select" and the extension freezes.

Been using it for the past year, it hasn't happened in the past :wink:

The website doesn't seem to matter.

Also - sometimes it freezes when scraping. Maybe console errors help you debug

background_script.js:465 {"error":"[object Object]","request":"{"method":"selectSelector","params":[{"parentCSSSelector":"","allowedElements":"img"}]}","stack":"Error\n at a.error (chrome-extension://jnhgnonknehpejjnehehllkliplmbmhn/background_script.js:468:35)\n at chrome-extension://jnhgnonknehpejjnehehllkliplmbmhn/background_script.js:28373:39","timestamp":1557449871,"level_name":"ERROR","message":"Failed to send message to chrome tab"}
log @ background_script.js:465
error @ background_script.js:468
(anonymous) @ background_script.js:28373
background_script.js:465 {"error":"[object Object]","request":"{"method":"selectSelector","params":[{"parentCSSSelector":"","allowedElements":"img"}]}","stack":"Error\n at a.error (chrome-extension://jnhgnonknehpejjnehehllkliplmbmhn/background_script.js:468:35)\n at chrome-extension://jnhgnonknehpejjnehehllkliplmbmhn/background_script.js:28373:39","timestamp":1557449874,"level_name":"ERROR","message":"Failed to send message to chrome tab"}
log @ background_script.js:465
error @ background_script.js:468
(anonymous) @ background_script.js:28373

froze again with a different error. Let me know if I'm being annoying, I'm just trying to help :slight_smile:

background_script.js:20594 Database has a global failure DOMException
z @ background_script.js:20594
a.onabort @ background_script.js:23024
background_script.js:19700 Uncaught (in promise) i {status: 500, name: "indexed_db_went_bad", message: "unknown", error: true, reason: "UnknownError"}error: truemessage: "unknown"name: "indexed_db_went_bad"reason: "UnknownError"status: 500__proto__: Error
s @ background_script.js:19700