How to save my sitemaps (I want to make a backup)

Hello,

I am trying to identify the files used by Web Scraper to store my SiteMaps.
I use Web Scraper on PC (Windows 10).
Could you give me the exact path and storage folder because I don't see anything related to my sitemaps here:
C: \ Users \ John \ AppData \ Local \ Google \ Chrome \ User Data \ Default \ Extensions

Thank's a lot for your answer.

2 Likes

You can save sitemap from Sitemap Menu -> "Export Sitemap". Copy JSON code and save it

Thanks
of course I know this trick.
It can be use if you have just a few sitemaps.
But if plenty more it's not convenient and you must pay attention to make regularly this kind export.
So I would prefer to copy all the database where are saved my sitemaps.
Where is located this database/folder ? This is my initial question.

2 Likes

Hello,

the same question, is there a way to save the sitemaps?
The export function is very awkward. If somebody knew the path where the data is stored, it would help a lot.

Same question - It seems a basic functionality but I'm surprised that I'm not able to find it.
How can I manage the sitemaps panel ? delete old/wrong sitemaps, (bulk)export, (bulk)import, etc.?
Do exist a data file somewhere containing the list of locally saved sitemaps?

On my computer, scraped data appears to be stored in a series of *.ldb files located in
C:\Users\<myusername>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\IndexedDB\chrome-extension_xxxrandom-chars-fkipebgh_0.indexeddb.leveldb

I think for most users, the default Chrome profile folder would be C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\

I have no idea where the WS sitemaps are stored though. I'm guessing somewhere in the default Chrome profile folder.

Hi, somebody have a workaround? My main computer has a windows failure and i need to format, but i need to copy the sitemaps, i can't access to windows, i will to try with GNU/Linux.
Thank you

Haven't tried it yet, but you could try backing up, then restoring the folders used by WS on the new PC/New Windows. These links might help:

Hi, thank you for your answer. I tried but the sitemaps are not there :frowning: but thank you.