All sitemaps have disappeared? (Chrome extension)

Woke up today, opened the extension as I normally would. Sitemaps page is blank, zero sitemaps available. The extension works and I can create new ones, however I need to find my old sitemaps. Is there a solution for this?

Some are stored on the cloud, however many sitemaps were solely used on the chrome extension. Can these be restored?

Appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Web Scraper version:
Chrome version: Version 111.0.5563.147 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Sitemap: No sitemaps

{id:"my sitemap"}

Error Message: No error message.

To access error messages follow these steps:

1. Open chrome://extensions/ or go to manage extensions
  2. Enable “developer mode” at the top right
  3. Open Web Scrapers “background page”
  4. A new popup window should appear.
  5. Go to “Console” tab. You should see Web Scraper log messages and errors there.

Any suggestions on this? Issue still persists . :confused:

@T10P Hello, the Web Scraper extension stores sitemaps locally on the internal storage.

One reason why the previously created sitemaps are no longer available is that the extension or browser has been reinstalled in the period since they were last used - unfortunately if this is the case, there is no way to restore the sitemaps unless they have been backed up by importing into a Web Scraper Cloud account using the sitemap sync feature or manually saving the sitemap JSON in a text file.

@ViestursWS thank you for the response.

However, the browser/extension has not bee reinstalled. Do you have any other troubleshooting suggestions?

If it helps diagnose the issue, I had 100's of sitemaps stored, some were also very big sitemaps. So many sitemaps in that I actually could not make any new sitemaps (it would just hang), I worked around this by editing existing sitemaps.

@T10P That might have been caused by multiple factors - such as an error within your system, an outdated browser, or negative interference with other extensions you might be using. Could you, please, elaborate more on ''it would just hang"?

@ViestursWS I often repeatedily use similar sitemaps so I would often copy and paste a sitemap and edit names/urls etc. So in the case of "It would just hang", if I were to import some existing sitemap data and start editing the sitemap code directly the extension would slow right down and eventually freeze, after waiting some time I would be forced to close and restart. I even disabled all other extensions as a troubleshooting method but that didn't help.

I'm unsure if this info has any relevance to why all of my sitemaps have disappeared however I thought I'd just mention it anyway.