This is weird... 404 when new tabs opened

Hey Guys!

I'm trying to scrape ADIPEC exhibitors list, but something weird is happening, the links to each exhibitor profile can be opened only if clicked from the list and can't be opened in a new tab. Haven't seen like this before.

Is there any way to actually scrape this?

Url: ADIPEC 2024

Sitemap:
{"_id":"ADIPEC","startUrl":["https://www.adipec.com/exhibitorlist"],"selectors":[{"id":"pagination","parentSelectors":["_root","pagination"],"paginationType":"linkFromInlineScript","type":"SelectorPagination","selector":"li:nth-of-type(11) a"},{"id":"Wrapper","parentSelectors":["pagination"],"type":"SelectorLink","selector":"td a","multiple":true,"linkType":"linkFromHref"},{"id":"Exhibitor Name","parentSelectors":["Wrapper"],"type":"SelectorText","selector":"h5.companydecodeclass","multiple":false,"regex":""},{"id":"Website","parentSelectors":["Wrapper"],"type":"SelectorText","selector":".address a","multiple":false,"regex":""},{"id":"Country","parentSelectors":["Wrapper"],"type":"SelectorText","selector":"pre","multiple":false,"regex":""}]}

You can actually just copy the info from the Network tab

All the companies are there 1,000+ However, it is in one giant JSON block so you'd need to parse it with Python or something. That's a fairly routine task and all the languages have JSON libraries.

Thanks!

I'll try to see if I can do it. I'm incredibly new to this.

Will let you know if I managed to do it!

Managed to get all the Data!

Thanks Again. :heart: :heart:

But I'm curious, there was no way to actually scrape the data using scraper right?

1 Like

This website does indeed behave in a weird way. I was getting the 404s too. I didn't try any of the more advanced WS tricks though. As you have probably realized, it is more efficient to just parse the JSON.

1 Like