Tables: Empty cells, switching Rows and columns, different tables sizes

First of all THANK you for this brilliant tool and this community. My life has become so much easier after discovering webscraper.io!

I am struggling with some issues around scraping tables:

Lets Use this URL as example:

URL: https://www.specialized.com/de/de/demo-alloy-27-5/p/154304

Sitemap (for scraping the table containing Geometry-data):
{"id":"GeometryTable","type":"SelectorTable","parentSelectors":["ClickIndividualBike"],"selector":"table.geometry-section__table","multiple":true,"columns":[{"header":"XS","name":"XSmall","extract":true},{"header":"S","name":"Small","extract":true},{"header":"M","name":"Medium","extract":true},{"header":"L","name":"Large","extract":true},{"header":"XL","name":"XLarge","extract":true}],"delay":0,"tableDataRowSelector":"tr:nth-of-type(n+2)","tableHeaderRowSelector":"tr.hidden-mobile"}

Issues I am facing:

1. First cell is header row is empty:

This leads to the first cell in every row not being scraped. How can I fix this?

1. On different detail product pages, the tables have different column numbers. Size variations vary between 4 and 10, i.e. there might be 4 columns or 10 columns. How can I handle this as n+1/2 is only affecting the rows?

2. Actually I would need to scrape the table "90 degrees" turned, meaning columns should be rows in the CSV and rows should be columns. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Like

Did you manage to solve this puzzle? I am having the same problem (tables with different number of rows)

please add correct sitemap WS