Remove text formatting in table rows

Hi there,

I am new to this app and gathering some experience.

I am facing a site with a table in the layout, where I can properly select the header and rows. One of the table cells contains a description, which is made to look nicer using a ¤B¤ at the beginning of the table cell. This causes my output to look ok when viewing the data preview, but on the actual export to excel it rather distorts the output by adding a number of line feeds and tabs to the actual text.

Is there a way to remove this 'span' element?

Here is the current sitemap:

{"_id":"AlanRed","startUrl":["https://store.alanred.com/Brands.aspx"],"selectors":[{"id":"MenuItem","linkType":"linkFromHref","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"selector":".gray a","type":"SelectorLink"},{"columns":[{"extract":true,"header":"Photo","name":"Photo"},{"extract":true,"header":"Type","name":"Type"},{"extract":true,"header":"Description","name":"Description"},{"extract":true,"header":"Varianti","name":"Varianti"},{"extract":true,"header":"Action","name":"Action"}],"id":"ArtikelInfo","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["MenuItem"],"selector":"table","tableDataRowSelector":"tbody tr","tableHeaderRowSelector":"thead tr","type":"SelectorTable"}]}

The site cannot be accessed without a password, which I cannot share.

Hi, maybe you can create a dummy account in order to perform a login, otherwise, it is difficult to help you without the option to inspect the website.

Hi Janis, thanks for the reply. I asked, but can't get it. Sorry. I made a snapshot of the relevant HTML source, I hope you can offer some suggestions of that.

Hi, it doesn't seem that there is a way to exclude elements from table cells with the Table selector. I would probably try to create a setup with element selectors.

Yeah, I feared as much. Will give it a shot!