Popup content cannot be scraped

Dear everybody

I am trying to scrape this website, and cannot for the life of me get the selectors to even choose the text in the popups.

Hyve Russia | Exhibition Catalogue — Exhibitor list ( just use the bottom link to test popup, because first few have no links)

I use Element click, but when I try to select text or anything from the popups, I just cannot select it.

I tried using normal Element--> Link, as well as just using Link(worked for another site somewhere) to get to the popup, but then I cannot touch any of the information in the pop up to even choose it.

Another post talked about another site that it was using aspx, and therefore cannot be scraped, but I am not sure if this is the same situation, or if there isn't a workaround.

Please help.

{"_id":"russia-worldfood-20220303","startUrl":["Hyve Russia | Exhibition Catalogue — Exhibitor list a:nth-of-type(13)","type":"SelectorPagination"},{"id":"Click Companies","parentSelectors":["Pagination"],"type":"SelectorElementClick","clickElementSelector":"a:nth-of-type(1) div.name","clickElementUniquenessType":"uniqueText","clickType":"clickOnce","delay":2000,"discardInitialElements":"do-not-discard","multiple":true,"selector":".exhibitor_list a"}]}

@Snoopy Hi, that's because this data is embedded into an iframe(basically another document).

In order to scrape this data, you will have to adjust the selectors manually. The card itself should be defined using an 'Element' selector - iframe:iframe #frameContent

Learn more: CSS selector | Web Scraper Documentation

Sitemap example:

{"_id":"catalogue-hyve-ru-source","startUrl":["https://catalogue.hyve.ru/en-GB/exhibitorlist.aspx?project_id=474#"],"selectors":[{"clickElementSelector":"a div.name","clickElementUniquenessType":"uniqueCSSSelector","clickType":"clickOnce","delay":1000,"discardInitialElements":"discard-when-click-element-exists","id":"click-1","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"selector":"body","type":"SelectorElementClick"},{"delay":0,"id":"card","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["click-1"],"selector":"iframe:iframe #frameContent","type":"SelectorElement"},{"delay":0,"id":"name","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["card"],"regex":"","selector":"h2","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"e-mail","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["card"],"regex":"","selector":"a[href*=\"mailto\"]","type":"SelectorText"}]}

Also, please, be sure to use the 'preformatted text' option when pasting your sitemap, otherwise the JSON in some cases is invalid.

Hope it helps!

@ViestursWS Hi, and thank you sooo much for your help

It took me a while to realise what you are saying, and after I followed the link you gave I finally could figure it out. Thank you very very much because I would not have clicked on my own.

Below, the correctly formatted sitemap for everybody's future reference.

{"_id":"russia","startUrl":["https://catalogue.hyve.ru/en-GB/exhibitorlist.aspx?project_id=474"],"selectors":[{"id":"Pagination","paginationType":"auto","parentSelectors":["_root","Pagination"],"selector":".pager a:nth-of-type(13)","type":"SelectorPagination"},{"clickElementSelector":"a div.name","clickElementUniquenessType":"uniqueText","clickType":"clickOnce","delay":2000,"discardInitialElements":"do-not-discard","id":"Element Click","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["Pagination"],"selector":"form","type":"SelectorElementClick"},{"delay":0,"id":"Element","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["Element Click"],"selector":"iframe:iframe #frameContent","type":"SelectorElement"},{"delay":0,"id":"Company","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Element"],"regex":"","selector":"h2","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"Website","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Element"],"regex":"","selector":"a[href*=\"mailto\"]","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"Email","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Element"],"regex":"","selector":"a[href*=\"mailto\"]","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"Country","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Element Click"],"regex":"","selector":"a:nth-of-type(1) div.country","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"About","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Element"],"regex":"","selector":"p[style=\"white-space: pre-wrap;\"]","type":"SelectorText"}]}

Slight correction

{"_id":"russia","startUrl":["https://catalogue.hyve.ru/en-GB/exhibitorlist.aspx?project_id=474"],"selectors":[{"id":"Pagination","paginationType":"auto","parentSelectors":["_root","Pagination"],"selector":".pager a:nth-of-type(13)","type":"SelectorPagination"},{"clickElementSelector":"a div.name","clickElementUniquenessType":"uniqueText","clickType":"clickOnce","delay":2000,"discardInitialElements":"do-not-discard","id":"Element Click","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["Pagination"],"selector":"form","type":"SelectorElementClick"},{"delay":0,"id":"Element","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["Element Click"],"selector":"iframe:iframe #frameContent","type":"SelectorElement"},{"delay":0,"id":"Company","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Element"],"regex":"","selector":"h2","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"Website","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Element"],"regex":"","selector":"a[href*=\"mailto\"]","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"Email","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Element"],"regex":"","selector":"a[href*=\"http:\"]","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"Country","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Element Click"],"regex":"","selector":"a:nth-of-type(1) div.country","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"About","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Element"],"regex":"","selector":"p[style=\"white-space: pre-wrap;\"]","type":"SelectorText"}]}