Pop up model giving null data

Website is a membership site.

There is a list of users in the search results.

You need to click the name of the person to show their contact info.

A model pops up and shows the info.

Web scraper can see the info, highlights it correctly but when I run the scrape, it returns a "NULL".

I tried adding a delay in case it was trying to grab the info before the modal loaded but it didn't help.

The initial 20 second delay is because I have to manually search before the scraper starts so it needs to be there.

Attached to this post is a screen shot of the source and the modal popup.

Thank for any help!!

Sitemap:
{"_id":"deleteme","startUrl":["https://www.mpiweb.org/membership/member-directory"],"selectors":[{"id":"name","type":"SelectorPopupLink","selector":"a.ng-binding","parentSelectors":["_root"],"multiple":true,"delay":"20000"},{"id":"namemodel","type":"SelectorText","selector":"h3.modal-title","parentSelectors":["_root"],"multiple":false,"regex":"","delay":"3000"}]}

It looks like a members only site, I couldn't get in.

Hi,

try using Element Click selector, to call a pop-up and scrape it's inner info.

For click, you select a button that calls the pop-up, and then you pick needed part of the pop-up (or whole pop-up) into a selector part. Then you create a text selector inside click selector (not forgetting to set parent to click selector), and then all you've left to do is just select needed text (it will glow yellow, as been selected for a click selector in the first place).

1 Like