Pagination with Buttons that has no ID

Right, basically learning about Web scraping just now and I can get the data from the links and get each info like the name/prices.

But I'm trying to create a selector for pages to repeat the process automatically but I can't seem to do it because when I try to select the page from the selector, its blank. When I check the codes manually, I can see that it doesn't have an ID but it has a class. Tried using the class but still doesn't work. The page is automatically made by javascript I think.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/5f23deed-eb76-4c44-ba9c-4305b1575898/1

From that link above, normally its just Create Selector > Links > Select the numbered pagination > Multiple > etc... done, but like I said, selecting the paginations doesnt give me any element so I'm stuck.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

@bryan3324 Hello, after inspecting the targeted website, it seems that you can use 2 types of pagination(Predefined page interval pagination within the start URL and pagination that would be based on a clickable element).

Example1:

{"_id":"store-playstation-com","startUrl":["https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/5f23deed-eb76-4c44-ba9c-4305b1575898/[1-11]"],"selectors":[{"id":"wrapper-element","parentSelectors":["_root"],"type":"SelectorElement","selector":"div[data-qa-index]","multiple":true,"delay":0},{"id":"title","parentSelectors":["wrapper-element"],"type":"SelectorText","selector":"span[data-qa*=\"product-name\"]","multiple":false,"delay":0,"regex":""},{"id":"price-1","parentSelectors":["wrapper-element"],"type":"SelectorText","selector":"span[data-qa*=\"display-price\"]","multiple":false,"delay":0,"regex":""},{"id":"price-2","parentSelectors":["wrapper-element"],"type":"SelectorText","selector":"[data-qa*=\"price-strikethrough\"]","multiple":false,"delay":0,"regex":""},{"id":"discount","parentSelectors":["wrapper-element"],"type":"SelectorText","selector":"span[data-qa*=\"discount-badge\"]","multiple":false,"delay":0,"regex":""},{"id":"image","parentSelectors":["wrapper-element"],"type":"SelectorImage","selector":"span[data-qa*=\"image\"] img","multiple":false,"delay":0},{"id":"link","parentSelectors":["wrapper-element"],"type":"SelectorLink","selector":"a","multiple":false,"delay":0},{"id":"item-count","parentSelectors":["_root"],"type":"SelectorText","selector":"div[data-qa=\"ems-sdk-active-filters-metadata\"]","multiple":false,"delay":0,"regex":""}]}

Example2:

{"_id":"store-playstation-com-click","startUrl":["https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/5f23deed-eb76-4c44-ba9c-4305b1575898/2"],"selectors":[{"clickElementSelector":"span.psw-icon--chevron-right","clickElementUniquenessType":"uniqueCSSSelector","clickType":"clickMore","delay":3000,"discardInitialElements":"do-not-discard","id":"wrapper-element","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"selector":"div[data-qa-index]","type":"SelectorElementClick"},{"delay":0,"id":"title","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["wrapper-element"],"regex":"","selector":"span[data-qa*=\"product-name\"]","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"price-1","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["wrapper-element"],"regex":"","selector":"span[data-qa*=\"display-price\"]","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"price-2","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["wrapper-element"],"regex":"","selector":"[data-qa*=\"price-strikethrough\"]","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"discount","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["wrapper-element"],"regex":"","selector":"span[data-qa*=\"discount-badge\"]","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"image","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["wrapper-element"],"selector":"span[data-qa*=\"image\"] img","type":"SelectorImage"},{"delay":0,"id":"link","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["wrapper-element"],"selector":"a","type":"SelectorLink"},{"delay":0,"id":"item-count","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"regex":"","selector":"div[data-qa=\"ems-sdk-active-filters-metadata\"]","type":"SelectorText"}]}

1 Like

Thank you for responding to my queries. Just to confirm, we've done the same thing were we selected the right arrow key for next page to solve the issue like your example #2 and it worked fine.

Your 1st example intrigues me and I will try to learn from it, thank you.

CLOSED