No data scraped when not multiple clicked

Hi,
problem: scraping article titles on a news portal. Symptoms: when selector "heading" is set as "multiple", it scrapes o.k. and data is retrieved.
When not set as "multiple", no data scraped at all.

The paging is handled by "pag" selector.

Sitemap:
{"_id":"sme","startUrl":["https://domov.sme.sk/titulka?page=49"],"selectors":[{"id":"heading","type":"SelectorText","parentSelectors":["_root","pag"],"selector":"a.js-pvt-title","multiple":false,"regex":"","delay":0},{"id":"pag","type":"SelectorLink","parentSelectors":["_root","pag"],"selector":"a.btn.fr","multiple":false,"delay":0}]}

I only want the first one from each page, to be scraped, so I untick "multiple" for "heading". No data scraped. It has to scrape, because when check manually pages 49 and 50, I can see coloured elements for "heading".
You can test it

Hey, use 'div.media:nth-of-type(1) a.js-pvt-title' as the selector for the title element and check 'Multiple'. This selector will only select the first-page heading.

The basic problem is that when you check multiple, the scraper selects all of the headings and scrapes them from each of the pages, when the multiple is not checked the scraper will only select the first heading of the first page and then ignores all of the subsequent headings in the following pages. By using :nth-of-type(1) CSS selector, the scraper will only select the first heading of the page.

1 Like

Thank you, so basically it is required, to have multiple selected. At least 1 selector must have multiple selected, in order to scrape successfully in paging.

Thanks, this one had me stumped for a while too.