Migrate Local Storage Data to new computer/drive

I am setting up a new computer and trying to migrate over all of my sitemap data from the old computer to the new one. I understand that I can export the JSON but hoping there is a way to avoid having to manually export/import 300+ individual JSON files.

Does someone know the best way to move the data over from the local storage on the old machine to the new one?

Hi!

If you were using CouchDB instance, you could've just copied the folder with the database.

I suppose you're keeping all your sitemaps within Chrome instance, i think you need to move a Chrome folder from C:/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome to your new machine. But first you will have to install Chrome on it, though.

Thanks for the response - Yes going to switch over to CouchDB on the new machine - just trying to move over all the existing data for now.

I've tried to copy the following folders across (I'm on a Mac btw):

1. ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Local Storage/leveldb
  2. ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/"extension ID"
  3. ~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/

Still not seeing the sitemaps show up when I access Webscraper - I'm closing/re-opening Chrome after copying these files over but no luck yet.

Any ideas? Thanks for the advice!

I'm not sure you can use Chrome DB storage in CouchDB but rather re-init all sitemaps into CouchDB, unfortunately.

@KristapsWS AFAIK Chrome DB cannot be moved into CouchDB. Is there any workaround for this?

Not really, you will have to export sitemaps 1 by 1.

Ok - thanks for the input

Hi again - I understand that I need to move them into couchDB 1 by 1 but is there any way to move them from local storage to another machine - other than 1 by 1 export of json?

Thanks!

You can still move all related Chrome folders to a new machine, i believe it will do the trick.

P.S. don't forget to install Chrome on a new machine beforehand

Thanks - trying that but no luck yet - not sure that I'm getting all of the relevant files copied over.

I've tried to copy the following folders across (I'm on a Mac):

~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Local Storage/leveldb
~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/"extension ID"
~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/

Will keep trying.

Hi everyone!
i have the same problem, need to export all my sitemaps into the new mac
did you find any solutions
thanks!