HTML formatter to help pick out elements

At some point you will probably need to look at a site's source code to figure out its DOM or to find a suitable selector. You can paste the code into the HTML Formatter website to make things easier.

They already have a good description on the site, so I'll just copy it - "Free online tool to format ugly HTML code, making it readable and pretty, with the proper indentation."

With indentation, the parent-child structure becomes clearer, and the site also uses color-coding, so you can easily pick out elements and attributes.

2 Likes

The HTML Formatter website seems to be dead but I have found a good replacement at Code Beautify

1 Like

The HTML Formatter website has returned at a different URL:

1 Like

Online HTML Formatter | HTML Beautifier - Online Code Formatters
I use for format Html Code another HTML Formatter. It is quite fast and easy. It has many good features like below

• Beautify: You can beautify unmanaged HTML code into perfect indented HTML code. That helps to enhance, manage, edit, and read properly.
  • Fold code blocks: This will help to understand code blocks or tag starting and ending.
  • Copy Code: You can copy all the formatted code in a single click.
  • Download File: You can download formatted code in an HTML file with the proper suitable file name.
  • Clear All: By this, you can clear the code formatting area for reuse again.
  • Indention Size: You can choose the indention tab size according to your need.
  • Minify Html: By this, you can minify or compress HTML code for SEO purposes by this free online HTML formatter tool

These features make it more usable and unique.

html-formatter-guide

1 Like