Element Click Selector Only Scrapes Some Data

I have an element click selector that pulls the first nine pieces of text from a drop down list, but not the remaining 10+.

On the Copart Vehicle finder site, I have my element click select on the "Year" drop down, then I select all years in the drop down. I have a child text selector after my element selector.

In the data preview, I see data for all the years, but in the excel output I only get data through 2009. Can someone suggest a fix for having the scrape pull all the years? Thank you!

Url: https://www.copart.com/search/automobiles/?displayStr=Automobiles&from=%2FvehicleFinder

Sitemap: {"_id":"copartyears","startUrl":["https://www.copart.com/vehicleFinder/"],"selectors":[{"id":"autos","type":"SelectorLink","selector":"div.panel:nth-of-type(3) ul.list-group:nth-of-type(2) a","parentSelectors":["_root"],"multiple":false,"delay":0},{"id":"year","type":"SelectorElementClick","selector":"div#collapseinside4.panel-collapse label","parentSelectors":["autos"],"multiple":true,"delay":"2000","clickElementSelector":"li.list-group-item:nth-of-type(4) h4.panel-title a:nth-of-type(1)","clickType":"clickOnce","discardInitialElements":true,"clickElementUniquenessType":"uniqueText"},{"id":"yeartext","type":"SelectorText","selector":"parent","parentSelectors":["year"],"multiple":true,"regex":"","delay":0}]}

Change your click selector to this - div#collapseinside4.panel-collapse label input[id*="lot_year"]:not([checked="checked"]), and selector to this - div.dataTables_wrapper. Change "click element uniqueness" to Unique HTML+Text and your element click selector should work fine.

Hey KristapsWS,

I don't think I was clear enough, but i'm SO close to finishing the project. Could you help me just get over the finish line?

When I use "data preview" for the Sitemap below it shows data for all the labels from 2018 to 1926. But when I actually scrape the data, it stops showing the labels after 2009.

I would love the scrape to pull labels beyond 2009, but it just won't pull. Any ideas to get me over the hump?

{"_id":"copartyears","startUrl":["https://www.copart.com/vehicleFinder/"],"selectors":[{"id":"autos","type":"SelectorLink","selector":"div.panel:nth-of-type(3) ul.list-group:nth-of-type(2) a","parentSelectors":["_root"],"multiple":false,"delay":0},{"id":"year","type":"SelectorElementClick","selector":"div#collapseinside4.panel-collapse label","parentSelectors":["autos"],"multiple":true,"delay":"2000","clickElementSelector":"li.list-group-item:nth-of-type(4) h4.panel-title a:nth-of-type(1)","clickType":"clickOnce","discardInitialElements":false,"clickElementUniquenessType":"uniqueText"},{"id":"yeartext","type":"SelectorText","selector":"parent","parentSelectors":["year"],"multiple":true,"regex":"","delay":0}]}

Data Preview shows labels for years past 2008

But the excel scrape stops at 2009

You need to interact with those elements to make them render. You don't have to click on "Year" to access them. Configure your element click selector like this:

Selector: div#collapseinside4.panel-collapse div.checkbox

Click selector: div#collapseinside4.panel-collapse label input[id*="lot_year"]:not([checked="checked"])

Click element uniqueness: Unique HTML+Text

Multiple: Checked

Delay: 2000ms

Change your "yeartext" selector to label.

Thanks Kristaps! That worked. I really appreciate the help.

Andrew