Dropdown not cycling through

Hey guys,

I am stuck with a dropdown link-menu where my code does not cycle through the options.
Instead it just reloads the first menu-choice.

My goal is to cycle through all available timeperiods (top-right) and gather the table content.

{"_id":"test","startUrl":["股票代码,股票名查询_股票行情中心_证券之星 option","clickElementUniquenessType":"uniqueText","clickType":"clickOnce","delay":3000,"discardInitialElements":"do-not-discard","id":"menu-click","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"selector":"body","type":"SelectorElementClick"},{"delay":0,"id":"data","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["menu cycle"],"regex":"","selector":".tbody_right tr:nth-of-type(1) td:nth-of-type(3)","type":"SelectorText"},{"clickElementSelector":"select#selectdate option /[selected]","clickElementUniquenessType":"uniqueCSSSelector","clickType":"clickOnce","delay":3000,"discardInitialElements":"do-not-discard","id":"menu cycle","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["menu-click"],"selector":"body","type":"SelectorElementClick"}]}

@John768 Hello, it appears that it will not be possible to click through all of the available date options using the 'Element click' selector due to the fact that each time a new option is selected the page is reloaded.

Instead, you can use the date links as unique start URLs.

Sitemap example:

{"_id":"stock-quote-stockstar-com","startUrl":["https://stock.quote.stockstar.com/stockinfo_share/circulate.aspx?code=000002&dt=2016-03-31","https://stock.quote.stockstar.com/stockinfo_share/circulate.aspx?code=000002&dt=2021-12-31","https://stock.quote.stockstar.com/stockinfo_share/circulate.aspx?code=000002&dt=2020-12-31"],"selectors":[{"delay":0,"id":"wrapper","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"selector":".tbody_right tr","type":"SelectorElement"},{"delay":0,"id":"order","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["wrapper"],"regex":"","selector":"td:nth-of-type(1)","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"criteria-1","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["wrapper"],"regex":"","selector":"td.align_left","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"criteria-2","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["wrapper"],"regex":"","selector":"td:nth-of-type(3)","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"criteria-4","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["wrapper"],"regex":"","selector":"td:nth-of-type(4)","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"criteria-5","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["wrapper"],"regex":"","selector":"td:nth-of-type(5)","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"criteria-6","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["wrapper"],"regex":"","selector":"td:nth-of-type(6)","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"active-year","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"regex":"","selector":"select#selectdate option[selected]","type":"SelectorText"}]}

1 Like

With a little bit of automatic script generation I can definetely make that work on a large scale.
Never occured to me to enter multiple StartURLs.

Thank you so much!

Yea .asp sites are problematic. You can paste the urls in pastelink and build a sitemap which starts there. e.g.

page expires in 6 months