Download Images

Hi, I'm trying to use the Python to download images of a scraped csv file as detailed here. Nothing happens when I drag the csv on the Python executable it does not download. Presumably because I've downloaded Python ver 3.7.1; & the instructions recommend Python ver 3.0. Which is quite difficult to find because it states it is a rare backwards version and recommends ver 3.1; which is still awkward to find but hopefully it helps someone with the link here.

Just went to install ver 3.01 & nearly wiped my whole C drive out; thank god for the installation warning! So I'm a bit reluctant now.
Is it the Python version that's the problem?

Awesome scraper by the way, god bless the inventor.

It should work with 3.7. The drag and drop feature only works on windows. Maybe you are using another OS?

Hi Martin, thanks for your reply. I'm on Windows 10. It executes but doesn't actually process anything. I've tried directly dragging the original csv sitemap with many fields/ ids, and I've also tried a csv of only the img urls.

Running Python 3.0.1 it loads up and doesn't execute.
Running Python 3.7.1 the image-downloader.py becomes transparent, and one is not able to drag the csv file over the executable (if that's the right terminology). I have installed the correct version of Python for my machine (64 bit using msi web based installer). I've verified that Python is installed by accesing help() in the terminal.

As ver 3.7.1 won't execute at all referring to Python ver 3.0.1 - As the links use a fancybox type img presentation script e.g. https://static.drainagesuperstore.co.uk/u/prod/l/cpm-marshalls-perforated-chamber-ring-nkmtvhtxeb.jpg?w=500&h=500&fit=crop
I was concerned about false urls, verified and they are correct.
The selector used in the webscraper is of "Image" type.

The transparent .py icon was because Python files were not associated with the Python language; helped a little by this guide. No matter how many times reinstalling Python it did not associate filetypes by default.

No matter what dragging the file over the executable will not cause it to run.

Does the column name that contains images ends with -src? e.g. Image-src .

Hi KristapsWS, no it is as I linked in post 2.
The urls have been processed correctly & give the correct location of the images. Presumably it needs src in the image name to process with the process I'm guessing is what you're getting at? Why isn't this mentioned in the user guide, it's also unclear what format the csv should be when dragging over the python executable, original csv presumably?

It does not appear that images are named src in the demo animated gif.