Choice to scrape with "legacy" window or in newest window mode

Since update of 22 Dec things changed, maybe for the better.

It would be a nice addition to let user decide which kind of window to create when scraping. So that the user is responsible for using the best method working for him.

It seems that it is possible to launch a incognito window from a chrome extension.

You can get similar result by creating a new chrome profile and using it for only scraping.

Maybe you meant to say was "impossible to launch"?

All I can say is that ante-update it could open a window when launched in incognito mode. But I am not sure if the launched window was or not an incognito window itself (since there was no bar or tools appearing whatsoever).

What I meant is not the option to launch or not an incognito window instance in which to scrape. But to launch or not a window with full extensions and tools (such as it happens now) or without (such as how it was opened pre-update).

Maybe there is a good reason behind why the window that now opens has full navigation bar and everything?

I wasn't mistaken. An extension can launch an incognito window.

A full window is because the tab refresh feature needs to create a new tab before closing previous one. This frees up memory for longer scraping jobs. When the scraper was launched in a popup window other extensions would still be able to access the popup and interact with it.

I see now, thanks.

Weird I can't launch it anymore in incognito then.