Almost about to give up. Please Guide Me

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to scrape some data from BeatStars and could really use your help. Here’s what I’m looking to scrape:

1. Producer Name
  2. Track Name
  3. Instagram Link

This is the website I’m working with: BeatStars Search

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

1. Created a new sitemap and inserted the URL above.
  2. Created 2 selectors (type: text) and selected multiple producer and Instagram names. This works, but I only get 20 results after scraping. How can I get more results?

I also need the Instagram links, and I'm having trouble with this part. Here’s the process:

• Click the producer name.
  • Scroll down.
  • The Instagram icon is on the left side.

I tried getting the Instagram URLs with the following steps:

1. Added a new selector > element click (selected “producer name”).
  2. Added a new selector > link (selected Instagram Icon).

Not all producers have an Instagram icon. For example, visit this producer with an Instagram icon. If you don’t see an Instagram icon after clicking a producer name, try another producer.

Could someone please provide step-by-step instructions, including the parent-child relations?

To summarize, I need:

• Producer Name
  • Track Name
  • Instagram Link (click the producer name, scroll down, then on the left side is the IG icon)
  • More than 20 results (Data Preview shows more, but scraping only gives 20)

Many thanks!

Hi,

Please try this setup:

{"_id":"beatstars","startUrl":["https://www.beatstars.com/search?type=tracks&q=young%20thug"],"selectors":[{"delay":0,"elementLimit":100,"id":"listing-wrapper","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"selector":"mp-card-figure-track.list-item:has(.sponsored-badge.hidden)","type":"SelectorElementScroll"},{"id":"title","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["listing-wrapper"],"regex":"","selector":".text-m-loud a","type":"SelectorText"},{"id":"producer","linkType":"linkFromHref","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["listing-wrapper"],"selector":".text-s-silent a","type":"SelectorLink"},{"extractAttribute":"href","id":"instagram","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["producer"],"selector":"a[href*=\"instagram\"]","type":"SelectorElementAttribute"}]}

Currently, the scroll is limited to 100 listings. You can adjust that by editing the listing-wrapper selector.

Thx, where can I paste the code in?

I tried to import the script and it gives the producername and trackname, so that's good, however it doesn't give me the Instagram Link yet. The instagram Icon is to be found on the subpage what appears when the producername is clicked. Can you help me with that please?

It returns the Instagram link. Did you run the actual scrape (Sitemap -> Scrape) or just click the Data preview?

It works, you were right, I did the data preview. Thanks. One last question, how can I make sure I can start the next 100 listings when I scrape again? Now I have a listing scraped and when I scrape again I want the next listings.

It will make more sense to restart the scrape and adjust the element limit for the listing-wrapper selector.

Thanks., will try it as soon as I am home. Fantastic support!!

Sorry for asking so many question, It is quite unconfortable to me but I was hoping you could support me on how to adjust the listing-wrapper so the already scraped items are skipped.

If you start a new scrape, the previous data is automatically discarded, it is not possible to continue the scrape from where you stopped last time.

you should export and save separately each instance of sraping.. Afterwards you ill be able to combine it all together..