Element click selector inside element click selector

I'm scraping site with elements that need to be clicked before scraping - it works. But the site also has pagination so I need element click selector inside element click selector. As soon as I change change type of parent element selector to element click selector internal element click selector stops working (it doesn't click on the enclosed element). Is it bug or know limitation of element click selector?

Unfortunately it is not a public site so I cannot give the link. If I change type of "row" to plain element selector it works:
{
"_id": "minimal",
"startUrl": [
""
],
"selectors": [
{
"id": "row",
"type": "SelectorElementClick",
"parentSelectors": [
"_root"
],
"selector": "person-row",
"multiple": true,
"delay": "3000",
"clickElementSelector": "a.pagination-arrow",
"clickType": "clickOnce",
"discardInitialElements": false,
"clickElementUniquenessType": "uniqueHTMLText"
},
{
"id": "details",
"type": "SelectorElementClick",
"row"
],
"selector": "div.primary-content",
"multiple": false,
"delay": "3000",
"clickElementSelector": "div.details-wrapper",
"clickType": "clickOnce",
"discardInitialElements": true,
"clickElementUniquenessType": "uniqueHTMLText"
},
{
"id": "email",
"type": "SelectorText",
"details"
],
"selector": "div.dotten-text",
"multiple": false,
"regex": "",
"delay": 0
}
]
}

The current chrome extension version doesn't support element click selector within element click selector. That said we are already working on this. We have rewritten data extraction code to make this possible. The next chrome extension release will be able to handle click within click.

We just published Firefox version of Web Scraper which has this update included. You can try to use your sitemap in Firefox - Web Scraper on Firefox

1 Like

Firefox get releases before Chrome?? 1998 called, they want to thank you:slight_smile:

It looks like it should be fixed in 0.3.8.2 but in Chrome webstore I still see only 0.3.8. Or the news about FF releases?