Customize user interface

Hello there!

First of all, many many thanks for your great extension, i've tried a lot of them, and eventually found Web Scraper.

I'm still using the 0.2 version, cause i can customize it's CSS style inside the dev tab, i've removed the urls so i can see just IDs of the maps and buttons - compact and effective. I've also remade the download link to look like a huge button (so it looked like 'start scraping' one, but bigger)

I've been watching Web Scraper being updated during time, also loved Jens Willmer's regex trim function, altho it won't scrape at all (couldnt figure out why haha). (UPDATE: i was so wrong, sitemap JSON is different due to added extra functions of regex trimming and so on -- it works)

Yesterday i've tried 0.3.7 version - it's absolutely awesome, and works much faster, one of my websites that i scrape delays the page load, and this version skips the delay (which is great).

When i tried to find out how to customize the CSS/Styles to make it look like i did before -- it's all inside the .js script now, if i try to add any other classes it just won't work.

It would be great if it will be possible to customize the UI, hope for your answer.

I'd love to help the project if it's possible. It's the best tool i've ever seen.

Thanks!
Anton.

... slowly making progress with ReactJS, i just love buttons :slight_smile:

Hi!

We actually want to re-do the entire UI. But the goal won't be to make something prettier but rather to make everything more simple. The problem we see right now is that there are a lot of actions that you need to do to make a sitemap. This process is OK for a developer but for an non developer sometimes this is too complex. We want to simplify this process as much as possible.

Right now we don't want to make small UI changes since we will change the layout.

Hi Martins!

You're absolutely right, you're doing great progress anyway!
You're best for just making it completely free to use, as it works really well, once you get used to it (it will take some time either way, for everyone).

I'll try to help the project as much as i can, at least i can save you some time with answering questions on forum.

Have a great day!