Add the ability to use custom scripts on the page

Hi there!

Please add the ability to use custom scripts on the page. For an example jQuery or pure javascript.

1 Like

Yea that would be amazing. Most of the work could be done by JavaScript

1 Like

I think webscraper.io don't want this, because they will lose customers.

Can you give an example how the script execution would be used in web scraper?

Technically right now you can execute scripts in pages with other extensions. For example you can use tamper monkey.

Tampermonkey is cool! But it doesn't have a convinen interface like Webscrapper.

I see Webscraper can stay on a page while it needs then it can take a callback and pass there DOM and some environment.

So basically you want to run a script which would return a DOM element. Then using other selectors you would interact with the DOM element. Am I right?

Why do you think Web Scraper would lose users if we add this feature?

Am I right?
Yes

Why do you think Web Scraper would lose users if we add this feature?
This is my stupid assumption. I haven't seen your commercial product, but it seems to me it more functional than the extension for Google Chrome. I assumed that you are hunting for paid customers. Sorry

Hi!

How about this feature?

At the moment, I'd be happy to call a script that could send a call to a specific address if it found something important on the page. For example, in my bot.

I would also love this. Currently, I can do what I need to in order to get the additional functionality in my own browser if needed, but would love to ramp up to some paid cloud usage if I can get out of it everything I need.

Ha-ha @joec It's nice joke!

The Cloud isn't available for me.

On the other hand this isn't a super hack that cannot be done for the free version.