Question about a drop down list

Hello !

I need help to be able to scrap the information of a page with a drop down list, Could you guys give me advice on how I can do this?

I need the information of each item of that drop down list. (Every item has a different price and information after u select them)

Thanks in advance for reading this .

Hi @olfox

Can you share the targeted website?

Other than that this video might be helpful for you: Web Scraper << How to >> Iterate through item drop-down variations

Hello viesturs,

Sorry for the late reply, here is the page

https://www.nailwholesale.com/

I think I found a way but is giving me some results multiple times for example:

The listing has 4 on the Drop down list but ends up giving me 12 results and the first one is scrapped multiple times

@olfox Hi, you should be using an 'Element click' selector with a click targeting - div[data-product-attribute="set-select"]:has(label:contains("Color")) select option:not(:contains("Choose")) and choose the options - "Click once" & "Discard when click element exists".

Example:

{"_id":"nailwholesale-com","startUrl":["https://www.nailwholesale.com/gelish-chrome-stix-instant-chrome/"],"selectors":[{"clickElementSelector":"div[data-product-attribute=\"set-select\"]:has(label:contains(\"Color\")) select option:not(:contains(\"Choose\"))","clickElementUniquenessType":"uniqueCSSSelector","clickType":"clickOnce","delay":"1200","discardInitialElements":"discard-when-click-element-exists","id":"Color-click","multiple":true,"parentSelectors":["_root"],"selector":"html","type":"SelectorElementClick"},{"delay":0,"id":"color","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Color-click"],"regex":"","selector":"div[data-product-attribute=\"set-select\"]:has(label:contains(\"Color\")) select option[selected]","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"sku","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Color-click"],"regex":"","selector":"dt:contains('SKU:') + dd","type":"SelectorText"},{"delay":0,"id":"upc","multiple":false,"parentSelectors":["Color-click"],"regex":"","selector":"dt:contains('UPC:') + dd","type":"SelectorText"}]}

Oh wow ! Thank you so much for the help ! I will try it out then.

I am still learning so I have a long way to go.

Thanks for always replying and taking your time to help people.

1 Like